Acapulco was an awesome experience, and I’m sure it will reverberate through my life in one form or the other for years to come.

As much as I enjoyed the 22 days of indescribable noise, debauchery, and never-ending parties, I am happy to come back to a place of sanity. As I lay on my bed, I keep thinking, it doesn’t seem real to be home. This has to be some sort of daydream. I keep waiting on some frat boys to start a chant while one of their comrades hangs upside down with beer pouring out of his nose, or some other equally intelligent alternative. But it never comes. In fact, I haven’t seen one person passed out face down in a puddle of last night’s Corona since I’ve been home! I went to the mall today and the women were wearing clothes, not just brightly colored pieces of string – strange.

It was an awesome experience getting to act 21 again for 3 solid weeks. Too bad my body remembers that it is almost 32! I averaged about 3 hours of sleep a night, and was always in a buzzed state, mostly due to complete dehydration. I was so dehydrated that bottles of water ran from me, even they weren’t up to the challenge of repairing my mutated body. Towards the end, I no longer had to worry about the swarms of mosquitoes that plagued the area, they knew that puncturing my skin would probably only result in a pathetic “psssss” sound as dry air and sand escaped my veins. Any liquid they reached would surely be poison anyway – I never got a bite.

I gave Acapulco all that I had, and then some.

I always managed to get my work done, in one degree of quality or another, then I went to every single StudentCity party, social gathering, pre-party, and everything else that I could get my nose and liver into with the exception of a cockfight I passed on a sidestreet. (If Student City had sponsored it, I would have been there!) There was never a night when I caved in to my body’s weak pleas of mercy for me to stay in. I would down a Monster drink, which would overload me in caffeine, Taurine, and vitamin B…this would provide enough fuel for me to dance until 06:00am, return home in time to watch the sun come up from my deck, then hit bed. There was always just barely enough caffeine left in my veins as my palpating heart struggled to get rid of it, to get out of bed and go to work 3 hours later.

By day 22, I was an empty, hollow shell of a man.

But I was a happy man and one with plenty of stories to tell. That is exactly what I intend to do. I did not have time to update this blog while I was gone, but I am going to make entries retroactively based on my mental and written notes for the last 3 weeks.

All in all, Acapulco was more than I ever expected. I met some amazing people, the people that I worked with made the trip by far. I did meet a few nice students as well that weren’t in the business of crushing beer cans on their heads. I infiltrated a sort of Acapulco mafia hierarchy that I never knew existed, and I will tell as much about it as I can without ending up in the Bay next year when I return (if they invite me!).

OK, that was my longest rambling in weeks and it felt good. My target audience in the American Eagle blog dictated that I write in short, bursty, ADD style entries – so it feels good to stretch my brain out a little bit!